CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prayers needed....

So my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease not to long after TT and I got married. It was very hard on me to accept when I was about 20 or so my grandfather had this horrible disease and eventually passed away with heart failure. I just saw how bad this hurt my mom. A few months back (when it was still cold outside) my grandmother got out of her little apartment and fell and almost died while outside. So my family decided to put her in a nursing home.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my mom telling me they had to put my grandmother back in the hospital she was severely dehydrated. Basically she is so dehydrated it has caused a infection in her body and they are fighting it off wit heavy antibiotics while pushing nutrients and vitamins through her body. Currently she is not talking but is wanting to. The doctor feels confident that she will make a turn around.
And when she does leave we will be putting her in another nursing home because we do not feel she got the best of care and it was THEIR fault she got this way. When the doctors weighed my grandmother in she weighed 117...I do not know if she EVER weighed that little.

Last night I went to visit with her and it was the hardest thing i have ever done. I know my grandmother is 84 years old. And I have no questions she will be going to heaven to see my grandfather and not be in any pain. I am just selfish and I want hr here with me. I am struggling with this big time. And right now my family needs all the prayers we can get.

Thanks everyone.

1 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I am so sorry, Carmen. You are in my thoughts and prayers. There is nothing harder than putting your trust in someone else's hands.... then for this to happen. I'm so sorry and I wish the best for your grandma and family