CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Day One: The Beginning

So after reading lots and lots of blogs I decided I should join the community. I have always wanted to blog about what goes on in my daily life but never really thought much more about it. I figured I would blog about our first year together and all the adventures we will face.

So strap on your seat belts cause this is going to be a exciting ride!

Right now I am sitting at my tax office with my door open enjoying the good smells of outside. It is amazing how a smell can take you back to your childhood. Right now I smell fresh grass being cut. This reminds me of me playing in my backyard while my dad cut the grass. Those were the carefree days of my youth. Also it takes me back to my high school. I remember sitting in the English my senior year and I could not concentrate on what was going on because the smell just stayed in the air and I would begin to daydream. Daydream about my future, my husband, what I wanted to be, everything imaginable. It was a exciting a scary time for me. I had no idea where God was leading me or what he wanted me to do with my life.

As the college days passed by me and I enjoyed them still that smell stayed with me. I remember walking to class across the drill field and them cutting grass. I remember sitting at Tyler's house and him just getting finished cutting the grass and realizing this may be my future. That was a scary and exciting time for me. He was everything I always said I never wanted but everything I needed. Even the day he proposed to me I had that smell we were in Hawaii and the hotel we were at was cutting there grass. What a glorious day that was.

No matter where I go in my life or what paths and journeys I take I know that I will always have that smell to remind me where I belong.

0 comments: