CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

B

B is for BASEBALL, Bulldogs
So many of you know I have a complete obsession with baseball really just the Mississippi State Bulldogs (which leads to my second "b" of the day) and St. Louis Cardinals. Tyler has been a huge Cardinals fan he says his whole life he took me to a weekend of games two years ago when they played the Cubbies at home and I have been hooked ever since. Well except for the occasional cheering for Jonathan Papelbon (Boston) he went to MSU and my parents actually had him as their "foster" son.
So one of mine and Tylers dreams is to visit every MLB park it will be hard and time consuming but we are willing to give a shot. We are going to 2 parks this summer...LA Dodger and San Diego Padres.
When I was little my parents use to take me to baseball games and while the other kids were off running around playing I had to either watch the game or play on a blanket with my barbies. It was a great way to grow up and it grew my love for Americas Favorite Pass Time. Around the end of Feb. my heart starts skipping a beat just knowing baseball is right around the corner. I love the smell of people cooking in the outfield, the sun beating down on your face, the sound of the crack of the bat. I love it all.
The Bulldogs....I have always and will always bleed maroon and white. I love everything MSU has to offer and I pull for the team no matter what we are going or how poorly we are doing. I fully believe my children will grow up loving MSU as much as I have. I have many fond memories on the campus walking to classes and chatting. Some of my best friends were made on that campus and in those classrooms. The Bulldogs will always hold a special place in my heart.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I want to do the MLB parks, too!! Sadly, though, I haven't actively pursued it. We're doing Fenway and Yankee Stadium this summer, though! (Of course, I'll have to go back to NYC for the new park after this summer...)