CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

C

C is for Control

Since college I have really struggled with what my future held for me. It was scary for me to give up control to God and let him lead me where I need to go. I have always thought that I have let him have control but I have also had some part in the decision making. Recently it has been laid on my heart that I need to turn my life completely over to him 100% and not just what I am willing to give up.

We have a new radio station in our area that has become my favorite...K Love it is a contemporary Christian music station. I find myself more soothed in a way when I listen to this station. My 20 minute drive home from work has now become my daily talk time to God and it is one of the most cherishest times I have.

This week the radio station has been having a fundraiser to raise money for the station since they do not have advertisers on the station all the funding is provided my these pledges. On Wednesday I was really questioning God and the path he has laid out for me and the radio announcer was telling a story of how she was trying to control her life and not give it over completely. And she was not truely pleased or happy with the way she felt. So one day she was on the highway and "God is in Control" by Twila Paris came on the station and tears were streaming down her face and she knew it was her sign to give her life over completely. Right after her story they played the song. And just knowing someone else was once in the shoes I am in now hit me hard. Tears were streaming down my face and I knew I needed to give my life over to him and let God lead me where I need to go.

It was as if almost instantly a peace came over me and the worrys left me. I can not explain the feeling I had to anyone. But now I know that God has complete control over my life and I am willing to go where He leads.

Maybe this will help someone that is struggling like I was.

God is in Control by Twila Paris

0 comments: